Upgrading my graphics card

I looked an it says i have 2 PCI slots...

So i'm assuming a card like the ATI Radeon X1300 Pro PCI-Express 256MB card WOULD work?

no it wouldnt, i dont think he has either agp or pci-e guys, that means u cant really do anything about a new graphics card

ya im serious, u could only get a PCI card and they suck so its not even worth it, the only thing u could do is get a motherboard and a graphics card and switch them out

No he has PCI Express on that computer.

The X1300pro is alright its nothing to write home about
I would go with X1600XT or higher
Nivida 6600GT or higher

fdgjhxfg.jpg

So that means I have 1 available PCI Express slot available?

What works better for games, a decent NVidia card or a decent ATI card?

EDIT: im looking at the Sapphire cards

mainly the Radeon X1800 XL

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/products/graphics.php

oh sry looks like u do have a pci-e slot my bad :D, anyways i think u should get an nvidia evga 6800GS as its a really good card and isnt to expensive, if u can afford something better than i highly recommend the evga 7800gt

wtf, yeah matt you do have pci-e, so don't worry. you want an ATI card? the x1300 isnt that good, just because it was made later than the rest of the ati cards doesnt mean its better. the x1300 only has 4 pixel pipelines. thats not very good. what games are you looking to play?

i have that ati radeon graphics card. it is 256mb but only 64mb seems to be taken from my ram and not sure if thats because of the video card. is this a crappy card then?

Back
Top Bottom