MikeReiner

Golden Master
I'm currently battling it out with myself between two mother boards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130041
13-130-041-04.JPG

and:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491
13-130-491-02.JPG

I posted the picture to hightlight something..

one is a mATX that has onboard video, and the other is a full atx (no onboard video) but has a chipset fan..

i've heard horror stories about bad chipset fans...

the only issue I see with the other board is that it has onboard video and two PCI slots... I don't care about the PCI slots since at most i'll use 1, (sound card)
but the onboard video..would having onboard video hurt the performance of a real video card at all?

I don't want to deal with noisey/unreliable chip set fans.. i'd rather it be passively cooled... what do you guys think?

If you don't want the ATX board, the Micro ATX will do. If you have a video card, just disable the onboard and it will be as if there was none :)

are u only looking at MSI motherboards? u should really check out some from ASUS as well, if you're sticking with those 2 ide go with the microatx board because having onboard video is very usefull in case anything went wrong with the graphics card and no it doesnt hurt performance of an actual video card, u just disable it in the bios

The reason i'm looking at MSI is because I trust them...never failed me..
I don't care about whether it's mATX or ATX, doesn't matter.

Finally, someone besides me actually like MSI. Most people on here usually prefer DFI or Asus. I'll take the MSI or the Abits anyday. THe ATX board is loaded with features and I had very high hopes that it will perform well. For the price, it does an excellent job. I have a friend who has the motherboard and he has no problems at all with it. No problems with the chipset fans. No strange sounds. It hums like it should. So with that being said, I would get the MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard.

I like my Asus... But that's all I've ever owned, so I have nothing to say about the other brands. However, I've heard that MSI and DFI are both good companies (DFI being the most popular, or so it seems); however, I've heard that Abits have been falling behind lately. I don't know though. It doesn't seem like they've come out with anything for a while, though.

My chipset fan has never failed on me, you can just rip em off anyway if you really want, I replaced mine with an asaka cool blue one, 6642 RPM...very nice!

TRDCorolla said:
Finally, someone besides me actually like MSI. Most people on here usually prefer DFI or Asus. I'll take the MSI or the Abits anyday. THe ATX board is loaded with features and I had very high hopes that it will perform well. For the price, it does an excellent job. I have a friend who has the motherboard and he has no problems at all with it. No problems with the chipset fans. No strange sounds. It hums like it should. So with that being said, I would get the MSI K8N Neo4-F motherboard.

So MSI is like the compter man's friend?

Back
Top Bottom