Sorry for all the threads... [RIG PROJECT]

Well, even so. Intel complys with games fine. Your decision, but I could find you a good system from Intel. Do what you like. But that will last a while. Infact its going to last so long, your gonna need to back it up and reformat it in like 4 years. Because he sounds like my dad, and doesnt know how crap just backs up on it. Anyways.. good system. Overall

That's what I'm here for :D

EDIT: Actually, I'd like suggestions on an Intel proc and mobo.

It really depends, though. What kind of processor would this rig need?

Also, with its current configuration, how much would everything be with tax and shipping applied? Shipping is around $50, not including rebates and instant-savings. Does newegg tax?

Okay, I've changed the sound card, and that change has completely given way to the shipping fee... but I need to know the tax rate.

Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy recently. The specs you listed on the first page should work fine. If it was me, I wouldn't bother with that cooler for the CPU. Save another $35. It's ok if you want them. If that person doesn't care about sound quality, I don't think that sound card is necessary too. What I mean by that is he'll be using speakers from the monitors? That really defeats the purpose of the nice Audigy 2 card. You can always use that onboard sound. Just have the integrated monitor speakers so that they plug into the back of the motherboard where the sound ports are. Personally, I would never get speakers+monitor together but for his situation, it would be a great addition. Not the best of quality sound, but it gets the job done.

That video card is pretty nice. Overall, it's a pretty good PC. It will work. I like to get that extra power with an Athlon 64 4000+ but the cost between them is pretty big for 200MHz more so it's probably not worth it. I like some Corsair XMS or OCZ performance RAM to go with that too, but the ValueSelect is ok too.

Yeah, I forgot to update... I removed the coolers and got a turtle beach 5.1 sound card.

No problem about being late, any feedback is appreciated.

G9, your system is OK, but you do not haveWindows XP Professional there. You have Home Edition. I would suggest to use professional if you can afford it. You should spend a few bucks more for a more stable OS. Also, the other thing I have found is that you're Video card is apparantly a big OCer. Enjoy that!

Oh and...stay with that Sound Blaster stuff. I've seenbig time issues with Turtle Beach hardware.

Back
Top Bottom