XBOX Hardrive onto PC??

Washington

In Runtime
As I have an old XBOX that the DVD Rom drive failed on, would it be possible to take out the hardrive and put it in a pc???

I know it's only 8 - 10 GBs but it's a waste just sitting there. Also if I got my hands on a spare DVD Rom drve for the XBOX anytime in the future would it be possible to put the hardrive back in the XBOX??

I have a spare xbox hard drive and yes you can use it on the pc, you would just need to format it.

In regards to replacing the drives, it is possible, I find that is an excellant site for xbox related problems etc.

This guide gives you instructions on how to install a new DVD drive

[URL=http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/B2D2EE78BD3210289B50001143E7E506/]Replacing DVD drive

In regards to the dvd drive itself, I have read that you can use pc dvd drives but it may involve you needing to buy an adaptor for it, from 40 pin to 50 pin, which I am not clear on so would need some further research.

You can't use the Xbox hard drive and just plug it in. It's locked and uses different firmware.

And how will you reformat it if it won't even work in your PC in the first place? Also, if you reformat it, your Xbox won't be able to use it.

The hard drives in an Xbox are locked with this special software so that only the Xbox's UI and firmware can detect and work with it.

alvino said:
And how will you reformat it if it won't even work in your PC in the first place? Also, if you reformat it, your Xbox won't be able to use it.

True. But, there is some kind of programs by hackers that actually format it for the PC..and format i for the XBOX, if you have like a 500GB or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom