? about OCing

Watch the FSB? Sure, it is best to keep it around 200 (for modern processors, including yours) because if you start going above that you have to start worrying about RAM timings, voltages, and other stuff that is confusing... However, AMD's do take a hit in performance when running a divider, but personally, it is the easiest for me to do.

ya thats what i was going to mention, you are running a divider right? otherwise your ram will be way to fast and the ram wont stay stable, i think u could get a decent overclock with some good cooling and if u know what you're doing, keep an eye on the temperatures and the speed of your ram while u raise the fsb

Is your RAM 1GB or 2x512MB. I had a 1GB stick of Corsair XMS. It didn't overclock too well. If you want good OCing RAM, get the OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 2x512MB. Those can go to 300MhZ. Also, like gaming_freak said before me, you could always run a divider. It will allow you to increase the FSB of the CPU without increasing the memory clock as much.

Back
Top Bottom