XBOX Hardrive onto PC???

Washington

In Runtime
As I have an old XBOX that the DVD Rom drive failed on, would it be possible to take out the hardrive and put it in a pc???

I know it's only 8 - 10 GBs but it's a waste just sitting there. Also if I got my hands on a spare DVD Rom drve for the XBOX anytime in the future would it be possible to put the hardrive back in the XBOX??

Actually its only a 4gb drive. And very low RPM. Useless for a PC. but in answer to your quesion.. Its possible. Although hard..

ive taken a hard drive out of an xbox, not sure if it works in a pc but i dont see why not, and dont double post...

What in the hell are you talking about. No one double posted.

EDIT>

Oh sorry, just saw the other thread.

EDIT>

It just happens sometimes. Ive even done it once. Its like.. You make the thread, and the page stops loading, so you go back and enter it again, and boom! You have two threads!

Yeah, sorry about the double post. Not intended. Connection went dead on me so I checked to see if the post was there and it wasn't. So I did it again...oops

Apologies, but anyway 4GBs you say??? I thought that they were either 8 or 10GBs but the ones with the 10GB were capped to 8GB? If its only 4GBs then I don't think I'll bother.

Thanks

That was an interesting read. So going by that I wouldn't be able to put it back after using it in a pc because of the firmware. So Im going to see if I can get a replacement DVD drive before taking it out as it would be nice to have a backup machine.

I got the crystal Xbox as a replacement for the one that broke. Ive got loads of mp3's stored on it so it must be more that 4GB. Maybe in the later machines they tried to save as much money as possible. That sucks

Back
Top Bottom