Help needed copying Music files to CD....

The Nightingale

Baseband Member
I need a bit of help with copying some music files... :confused:

I want to copy all my windows media player files to a CD-R. Most of them seem to copy fine, but a few won't. I send them to the CD drive then I open Windows media player and click on the button which says "copy files to cd or portable device". I then drag them all to WMP and line them up, insert my CD and click burn. They are then supposed to convert but sometimes they stop and a message comes up saying "an error occured," I right click to find out the information about the error and it says "Windows media player may not be able to locate file source". This I don't really understand, they are perfectly normal files and should be able to copy, I downloaded them in the same way as I did with the files that will copy. Other windows media player files seem to convert and copy fine, it's just a few that won't. I've thought about using nero, but I'm not really sure how you copy files to a CD using that.

Secondly, I have a few real player files on my PC. I want to burn these to cds as well. However, there doesn't seem to be away of doing so. Are there any free programs out there which will convert real player files to windows media player ones? Do you think using nero would allow me to copy the files without changing them to WMP or MP3 files??

Many thanks

Jessica

Check this out
Keep in mind that when you're burning CDs, it depends on the format you are burning. If you're burning music cds, they take up more space, because time is judged in minutes, and not megs. If you want to burn all the songs to a cd, you want to choose data cd, as this will count the songs in megs, not minutes. If your cd player is compatible, you can play your cd in your car. I burned a cd for a freind, all in mp3 format, and was able to fit 170+ songs on it. He never plays another cd.

I used to use Realplayer One. They had this thing -- they let you download the plug-in for Easy Cd Creator and it would let you burn those real player audio files to cd. Try looking for the plugin. When I used to use it, it was free. :)

PerfectSK said:
I used to use Realplayer One. They had this thing -- they let you download the plug-in for Easy Cd Creator and it would let you burn those real player audio files to cd. Try looking for the plugin. When I used to use it, it was free. :)

Where did you find the plugin (which website I mean). I've tried searching google but I couldn't find much.

Also when I'm burning music files to a CD how do I make it be in data cd format??

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom