monitor time bomb? / New Monitor ideas?

Kage

Golden Master
I'm slightly worried.

My last monitor before we got this one blew on me, when I was in the middle of coursework. No damage or anything. It just blew out with a bang.

Now, this one (17 inch CRT) has appeared with a yellowish tint. I've asked the family, and they all say the colours changed from what it was about 3 weeks ago (when i started to notice it)

I've tried Degauss and colour correction, but nothing fixes it. I also don't think its the video card since the connection, etc's fine.
It seems like the monitor to me.

Could this go at any time?

Re: monitor time bomb?

No, it was second hand. Its lasted quite a while, but I believe its on its way out. Lasted about 2 and a half years approx so far...

check the cables at the back of the monitor.
my old 15" CRT has a yellow tint issue, but the only problem is a bad cable, I move around it a little bit and WHAM, normal colours.

Weird. I may try that out.

Its one of those monitors with no connection though. It just goes into the monitor and out from the back.
I'm at a mates, but I'll check when I get back.

Plus, theres the fact that theres ghosting now. You know icons on the desktop?
Theres like a ghost of that icon that fades out on the right next to it, and a faint line down the screen. Only can be seen on pale colours.

whoa, freaky.. i've never seen ghosting on anything other than LCD monitors...

Not like ghosting, i.e, slow updates, etc.

I mean problems with the image itself... a sort of transparent copy of the icons that fade out on the right, right next to the original icon. Like the balance is out, like you'd get on a very bad TV signal. So it may be something to do with how the photons are now sending out to the plate.

.....burnt image...
thats a very bad sign, the CRT might be damaged badly...
When an imagine is displayed on a CRT for long periods of time, it can burn a copy of the image into the screen...

screen savers were invented for this reason, thus the name 'Screen Saver'

I have had this happen before to a monitor.

Yeah but they don't stay on. If you put a window ontop, those icons aren't burnt, but what you then have up are. So its like an updated, burnt image...

Ahh... very strange... I have never seen such a thing on a crt monitor before...thats a new one to me =\

Back
Top Bottom