Headphone Wires Broken - Any Way To Repair Them?

Don't think so, cause there are 2...how do I say this, there are 2 sets of wires. 1 set is a red and bronze wire and the other is a green and bronze. They don't go through the same coating/tube/whatever.

And I might buy some new headphones, but the wires on these were like 2 metres long at least, so how much do you guys reckon it would cost me for me to buy a pair...not super-good or anything, but not like cheap that it breaks easily, of course.

I live in the UK btw, so I can't buy anything from US stores. :D

Did you try cleaning the clear coating off the wire and using a little flux. I use a #400 to 600 sandpaper to clean small wires like that. You probaly already know this info.

Crabby... said:
G:Green R:Red B:Black or Blue

Don't sauder dude! Just use some duct tape :)
Umm.....no duct tape....black electrical tape. Do you have a good connection with the wires where you put them together?

Okay, do your wires look like this?
One wire in a jacket and the other not in a jacket?
IMG_0091.JPG

If so, then just take the wires that are the same and twist them together like this:
IMG_0092.JPG

Then just apply some black electrical tape and you should be alright, or if you want to you can use some shrink wrap insulation for wires, all you do is put it on before you twist the wires together, slide it over the wire then take a match and melt it very slightly to form a tight wrap around the wire.
I just did this to an old set of headphones I have and they still worked.
hope this helped

Cross the correct wires over each other and kinda crimp them i think, tap them up and make sure no other wires are touch another apart from the correct ones, EG don't let the Green wire touch the red one or else you will get nothing.

Back
Top Bottom