HELP: SATA Hardrive shows up in Safely Remove Hardware List

pwrd_by_honda

Beta member
Hello,

I have this problem where my Hard Drive shows up in the Safely Remove Hardware list. This probably shouldnt happen right, it doesnt do that on my computer which also has a SATA drive. This is a new computer that i assembled by myself, first time doing it too so i'm a really novice at this.

I also got the following error msg from windows

BC Code: d1 BCP1:E56C695E BCP2:00000002 BCP3:0000000

BCP4: F6D10299 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 1_0 Product: 256_1

Any help will be appreciated.

My Specs are:
MB: Asus A8N SLI-Premium
VC: 2x BFG Geforce 6600 GT OC 128mb
HD: Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATAII
DVD: LG GSA-4167B
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: OCZ PC-3200 DDR400 Premier Series (1 GB)
CASE: Antec Sonata II with 450w PS

THX

Looking into this via google, it appears that this is a common problem with SATA drives and Nforce motherboards. all sata boards should support the Hot unplug feature, however because Sata I drives do not actually support this feature as they are PATA drives with SATA conversion chips.

However all SATA II drives should support this feature. I have also read that if you remove the IDE drivers it can solve this problem for Nforce owners. I don't know if this works but the browsing the answers google gave has mentioned this on a number of occasions.

Or you could do the following and goto Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu > Click Customize and from there select the behavior of Safely Remove Hardware to "Always Hide" Not a fix really as the problem is still there.

Back
Top Bottom