This can't be right...

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
I got this by email, and I dont believe this is true, that much electricity does not flow thru the charger wire, but it could have shorted, but then again, it would only be 125volts which i have been shocked before and that is not much, it thru me back, but did not knock me out. So what do you think?

>>This was checked out on http://www.snopes.com/ and it is true.
>>
>> DO NOT ANSWER CELL PHONE WHEN IT IS PLUGGED IN!!!
>>
>>This was also on Pittsburgh's WTAE channel 4 new's.
>>
>>Never, ever answer a cell phone while it is being CHARGED!!
>>A few days ago, a person was recharging his cell phone at home.
>>Just at that
>>time a call came and he answered it with the instrument still
>>connected to the outlet.
>>After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cell phone
>>unrestrained and the
>>young man was thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents
>>rushed
>>to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and
>>burnt fingers.
>>He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on
>>arrival.
>>Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be
>>aware
>>that it can also be an instrument of death. Never use the cell
>>phone while it is
>>hooked to the electrical outlet!

I heavily doubt that too, it's a mobile phone, it doesn't have a decent PSU like a computer does and doesn't need that much electricity to charge itself. I'm guessing that it's probably some spam flying around the internet ?

Yeah sad story, but faulty phone when my phone is dead ijust put in the charge and keepp talking..nothing has ever happned

Any cell phone that was put together decently is not going to shock you if you answer it while it's plugged in.

They fail to mention the lighting outside of teh house. When its a dum decision to evne use a regular phone. I assure you if this story is true there was lighting involed. They just wanna make moblie phones look bad so they don't mention that part.

In curcuity, the Cell phone, answered when hooked will just be powered by the AC outlet, not burn it.

Back
Top Bottom