Unbearable?

Heh, I know everything about slowness... my computer is a perfect example of such.

Alvino is right, HDD speed is only going to make a difference in the actual loading time, thats about it.

Wow, dude, thats a nice processor. A 2.0ghz pentium M right? Yeah, thats nice! And a gig of ram. With a 7200rpm hard drive. Wow thats a nice setup! Although its going to eat battery power like there is no tomorrow...

yea dude the 5200 is slowing u down..get a 7200 or 10000 and u will see a HUGE difference in performance
remember everything that u click or do nething on ur computer comes from the hdd so with a slow one it will affect everybit of performance

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Wow, dude, thats a nice processor. A 2.0ghz pentium M right? Yeah, thats nice! And a gig of ram. With a 7200rpm hard drive. Wow thats a nice setup! Although its going to eat battery power like there is no tomorrow...
It's the Alienware Sentia m3200, got 4 hours of battery life.

pinky4life623 said:
yea dude the 5200 is slowing u down..get a 7200 or 10000 and u will see a HUGE difference in performance
remember everything that u click or do nething on ur computer comes from the hdd so with a slow one it will affect everybit of performance

You cant get a 10k Raptor in a laptop. You post random crap dont you?

Anyways.. The 5200 is slow. But not exactly unbearable. Anyways.. G9, nice processor. My mother has a 1.6ghz M in her laptop. Even for being 1.6, 512 ram, and a 5200 is still a nice little machine!

my dad has a 4200rpm hard drive in his laptop lol along with a 2.8GHz P4 and 768mb ram, ive tried convincing him to replace the hard drive but he doesnt beleive me that it will make any difference, 7200rpm is the max speed u can put in a laptop at the moment and 5400rpm seems to be more of the standard, if i was getting a laptop ide go with one that has a 7200rpm hard drive, 512mb ram and a 2GHz pentium M

Yeah. 10k Would be impressive. Cant wait to see that in a laptop. Although thats going to be a bitch when trying to conrol heat. Unless they case the hard drive in something other then metal.

what would be better than metal? also im not entirely sure but i think they put it in metal in case the disk shatters, a disk shattering at high rpms can do some serious damage

Back
Top Bottom