Unbearable?

G9

Daemon Poster
When it comes to speed, which of the following components is the most effective?

1. Processor
2. Memory
3. Harddrive

Would the following configuration be unbearably slow?

Intel® Celeron® M 360 (1.40 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
512MB Shared, 2 DIMM
40GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

personly yes i think that would be quite a slow computer...the two main things are (well this is what i think) are the RAM and the Processor.

How about 1.7ghz
512MB
Same harddrive?

Or...

1.7ghz
1GB
Same harddrive

Or...
2.0ghz
512MB
Same harddrive

All those components are going to work hand in hand when it comes to speed. The faster you can get that combination of CPU, memory(faster and more) and harddrive the faster the computer is going to be. Which one to choose all depends on the usage of the machine itself. Gaming for example is obviously going to require more performance but regular usage other than something like that and it will be ok to go with something a little slower and therefore cheaper.

Okay... so how about 1.7ghz
1GB
7200 RPM HD

or

2.0ghz
512MB
7200RPM

I'd rather go with the first configuration. The added 512MB of memory is going to make more of a difference than the added 300MHz that the second configuration offers.

go the 1.7ghz
1 gb ram
7200 rpm

see the thing is what good is a fast Processor without any Ram to run it..

The processor and the RAM would probably constraint your performance the most, since the hard drive doesn't affect the overall performance of the system unless you have a fetish for fast load times.

Back
Top Bottom