Your highest overclock

Dev0115 said:
After you oc can you really notice the difference just wondering...

Well, noticing a difference is quite subjective. I didn't notice a difference when I took mine from 2.8 to 2.98, or even 3.08! But once I hit 3.38GHz, well, I noticed a good improvement, infact, at bootup, RealVNC actually loaded before ZoneAlarm. Then, once I took it to 3.64GHz, all hell broke loose! I didn't get the VNC to load before ZoneAlarm like I did with 3.38GHz, but when playing games, I noticed a rather good increase.

In reality, and overclock makes your computer 'faster'. Noticable or not, your CPU will be able to process more binary code, which essentially makes up the programs you use. 1's and 0's folks, it's what it is! If you go from 2.8 to 2.88, you're running faster, is it noticable, probably not. However, you're still doing more then a 2.8GHz CPU would do, and really, that's what matters. Making your processor faster then it was designed to do. :)

watchthisspace said:
Actaully you are wrong, my Athlon has unlocked multipliers :cool:
I bumped the FSB up to 170mhz, and it's still not 1:1 :(

If thats the case, set a low multiplier, and crank the FSB. And make sure in the BIOS is says 1:1.

what company makes your BIOS? Im guessing its American Megatrends, but it could be Phoenix.

ill tell you how to get to change it tomorrow when i fire up my comp. Im too lazy to reboot right now.

Back
Top Bottom