tv quality

Most HD TV's I believe though have connections for VGA/DVI outputs dont they? Or am I wrong?

Though standard TV's, and since yours is that big, its simply stretching the image across.
TV's I believe support along the ranges of 640x480 or even less... So forcing a whole desktop on that screen wouldn't be that clear anyway.

That said, has your video card got a TV specific output setting, that might have settings to improve quality when using TV?

Kage said:
Most HD TV's I believe though have connections for VGA/DVI outputs dont they? Or am I wrong?

Though standard TV's, and since yours is that big, its simply stretching the image across.
TV's I believe support along the ranges of 640x480 or even less... So forcing a whole desktop on that screen wouldn't be that clear anyway.

That said, has your video card got a TV specific output setting, that might have settings to improve quality when using TV?

well, i have a radeon 9250 256mb pci, with one vga out, one rca out, and one svideo out. i did have some cds with software that help improve the quality, but i lost them. and also, i was able to set the resolution to 640x480 before, but for some reason i cant now.
132520186.jpg

in that pic, 3 is the tv and 1 is the monitor

Uhg, thats one of those STUPID things MS did in windows XP.. I don't know how they grasped setting the min res to 640x480 was a good idea... but it wasn't.

Increasing the resolution would only make it look better on a CRT actual desktop monitor... using S-Video to a TV and increasing res will just make it even harder to see....

Yeah, TV has a really low resolution. You'd have to buy some really expensive HD tv to get past that.. and even then, a cheap CRT monitor can still go to twice the resolution.

i've found that the only way I have been able to use a TV with any PC is if I use an older OS like win2k so I can set the res to 640x480...stupid xp...grrr

Back
Top Bottom