Headphone Wires Broken - Any Way To Repair Them?

acphenom

Daemon Poster
I was recently listening to music on my headphones, on my PC when I got up and found out that the headphone wires became stuck, and rather stupidly, I tried to pull them out by force and...well, they snapped. I know a bit about soldering, so I cut a bit of the plastic coating off from each wire, and then tried to solder them together, but it didn't work, I couldn't hear anything when I tried playing music with them plugged in.

There's 2 sets of wires; 4 wires in all, from what I can see, which are coloured. 2 are a sort of bronze, another is red, and the other is green. I tried twisting the wires of the same set and colour around each other, but to no avail.

I do have other headphones, but thing with this pair is that they have really long wires which mean I can get up from my PC and walk around whilst listening to music, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could repair them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I found out that it might cost quite a bit for me to get a new pair of headphones of this quality.:)

Ah, damn, I thought I might get asked that, but that's where I have a problem, cause I don't have a camera. I used to, but, I think it broke and just never really needed one since then. Maybe I could try use my dad's, cause he's got a digital one, but no idea really how to connect it to the PC...I thought it'd be USB or maybe FireWire, but it doesn't appear to be from looking at the camera.

Is it absolutely necessary for you to have a picture of it?

well dra a dia gram like this
headphone
| | |
G R B
| | |

| | |
G R B
| | |
Jack

or similar an give a key

lol, thought so. And yeah, lol, I'll keep that in mind cause I suck at soldering. :lol:

Anyway, aite, here I go with ma diagram:

headphone
| | | |
B G R B

B G R B
| | | |
Jack

B = Bronze
G = Green
R = Red

Back
Top Bottom