Help me Please.

animatrix2

Solid State Member
I just upgraded my 9200 to a 6600gt. After I did that I tried to upgrade my brother's comp with my older 9200. I installed it as usual opening the case etc. I turned on the computer and I logged on Windows XP. It logged and went to ati.com to download the drivers. While I was downloading the drivers I went and changed the color quality to 32bit then all of a sudden the screen went black and the monitor didn't recognize it.

So I restart the computer and it turns on with no problem, right after the windows logo pops up the monitor goes black like I previously mentioned.

Specs
GateWay E-4200
256 mb sdram
Pentium 3

can't access more specs because monitor always goes black.

Boot in safe mode, you corrupted your video drivers. Boot in safe mode and uninstall the drivers. Reboot and then install the new drivers. Reboot again and you're good to go.

hey just remember .. this site is on all day and normally takes a day to get a reply not 4 hours .. so just be paitent in future

Um, did you say you bought a 6600GT and got ATi drivers? I think that may be your problem...

No he didn't. He placed his old 9200 which is an ATI card in his bro's comp and d/led the ATI drivers to his bro's comp.

Back
Top Bottom