Intel announces new chip architecture!!!

well seems that intel is feeling the pressure from amd now, so gear up for great inventions guys, i am sure that theres a lot more 2 come with this competetion from the 2 rivals

Wow, not bad :D I don't mind Intel stepping in either. We'll see what comes out from AMD next to beat this :p

I wonder what the heat dissapitation will be like on this? Better than the Prescott I hope...

Anyhow, the Cell is being produced for the PS3 by Sony, Toshiba and IBM. It consists of a main core with 512mb of cache I believe, and 7 (8 - one is out of use for the moment) SPE's, which are like 7 cores running at once, helping the main core run, all with cache of their own.
Its very powerful anyway. The Cell at the moment stands at 3.2GHZ.

Kage said:
Wow, not bad :D I don't mind Intel stepping in either. We'll see what comes out from AMD next to beat this :p

I wonder what the heat dissapitation will be like on this? Better than the Prescott I hope...

Anyhow, the Cell is being produced for the PS3 by Sony, Toshiba and IBM. It consists of a main core with 512mb of cache I believe, and 7 (8 - one is out of use for the moment) SPE's, which are like 7 cores running at once, helping the main core run, all with cache of their own.
Its very powerful anyway. The Cell at the moment stands at 3.2GHZ.
but the cell processor has new architecture, so the 3.2GHz doesnt mean much atm

i agree that intel has done a great job this time and as for amd well im gona assume they have something ready to counter it, they just havent announced it yet

badninja3, your perfectly right there :p But I was just mentioning specs, though, it could work the same way as AMD chips, your correct.

Yeah, chip makers always have something up their sleeves...

Time will tell.... knowing AMD they wont take this new thread lying down... there may very well be a new shiny core from AMD with the release of AM2...

Back
Top Bottom