whats wrong with my battlefield 2?

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
I installed it, and now when I run it, it does the EA games logo, then freezes up, and when I do ctrl-alt-delete, it goes to the desktop and an ATI utility comes up saying "VPU recovery console, your ati videocard has been reset because of some problem. please send a report"

I think it should run fine because i run F.E.A.R and doom 3 at medium settings so I dont think its my video card. what can the problem be?

How long has the game been installed? Try reinstalling it..

Try to run the game in safe mode, if its got one - not safe mode within windows, I mean start > all programs > EA games > battlefield 2 > start in safe mode

something along those lines anyway

odd problem but trying updating the game by instally the latest patches. and also install the latest ati drivers. i run bf2 on a x800xl and it works so maybe something needs updating. have u got any other ea games. if so there is a problem within that :)

The 9250 WILL NOT run BF2. I had that card, tried it many many many times. You need a new video card man. Sorry about your luck. :(

JustinMcG67 said:
The 9250 WILL NOT run BF2. I had that card, tried it many many many times. You need a new video card man. Sorry about your luck. :(

The 9250 will not run bf2 atm! The new patch screwed up the whole game (again) so now it's filled with bugs etc. And many many ppl using old ati cards are complaining of the game not working. There should be a hotfix coming soon, which should fix this problem.

This could be the problem if u are running the 1.2 patch. Try reinstalling bf2 and then putting the 1.12 patch. If it still doesn't work then it's ur card.

mammikoura said:
The 9250 will not run bf2 atm! The new patch screwed up the whole game (again) so now it's filled with bugs etc. And many many ppl using old ati cards are complaining of the game not working. There should be a hotfix coming soon, which should fix this problem.

This could be the problem if u are running the 1.2 patch. Try reinstalling bf2 and then putting the 1.12 patch. If it still doesn't work then it's ur card.

It IS his card. I know it is. I ran the card in AGP 8x, which is faster then PCI and mine wouldn't even load the game! The truth is, the 9250 will not run BF2, I've tried running it on the retail version, patch 1.02, 1.3, 1.12, guess what! Never worked! It's not the patch of the game, it's the video card.

Just buy a Radeon 9600 for cheao, and you'll play it with no problems. :) This is assumign you have an AGP slot.

Back
Top Bottom