tv quality

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright i am using a tv for a second monitor and i was wondering if there was anyway to improve the quality- like make the text more readable

what type of cable are you using? im guessing RCA or a S-video since you have the same card as me...well I tried it with both and I dont think theres a way to improve it

hm, well what kind of TV do you have? S-Video is supposed to be clear. how close are you to the TV? you can't be tooo close, or you won't be able to make out every letter

S-video is better than RCA cables in terms of video quality, but due to the sheer crappiness that is TV resolution, the only possible way I have ever been able to get 'somewhat' readable text out of my tv was to change the resolution to 640x480.

But even then, it's still blurry. You'd need a HD TV to get clearer text.

I only used my TV as a second monitor for watching movies or using emulators. (Nothing like playing The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past on an actual TV using a REAL SNES controller on your pc, kekeke)

heh, 386 posts for me, funny since I i've got a 386 processor lying around here somewhere..

ya same for me- i only use it for videos and games- but i would like to use it for other things if i am able to get better quality- but whatver

yeah, i'm not sure a conventional tv would really have the best quality, even with s-video. lcd or plasma tvs would be amazing. i have a samsung 52' rear projection, but no TVO on my GPU

Back
Top Bottom