Going to college soon, what should I get?

NevinW11

Beta member
Hey everyone,
I am going to college in the fall and I really want a gaming computer. However, should I get a desktop or a laptop for college? I have heard not that many people use their laptops but are still a necessity. Is it possible to get a gaming laptop for $1.5k-2k? If so, please tell me where!
Or should I just get a cheap laptop and a good desktop?

if i had 2k to spend i would buy a cheapish laptop for work only then u can transport it about and stuff. and then build ur own awesome gaming desktop

or u could get a alienware laptop, pretty sweet for gaming and other stuff but they are expensive!

I'd say to buy a non-gaming laptop, but a good desktop. Like $800 for the laptop and $800 for a PC

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I think I'm going to buy a cheap laptop and a really good gaming pc. Anyone know of a good PC customizing company/service?

seriously build it urself. u wont believe how easy it is!! i did my first and i wondered why i was so scared, it will also save alot of money as u are buying the parts straight and cutting out the middle man!!

spend alot on ur graphics card and cut on stuff like hard drive and cd rom drive, thats what i did. like i personally think an 80 gb hard drive is sufficient for having maybe 3 or 4 games on and some music. Get 1gb of decent ram, maybe corsair or g.skill and get decent motherboard.

i would personally go with ati graphics as the xfire motherboard tend not to be as expensive as sli boards, and there future proof too.

get a 1900 xtx thats what im getting!!! sweet,cant wait

Back
Top Bottom