OC'ing and sound?

ril

Baseband Member
When you OC your CPU can that cause the sound not to work or do i have a driver problem?

never heard of that happening. I'd say it's something else, try installing new drivers. If it still doesn't work then try another sound card. If it still doesn't work then I'd gues it's the speakers.

edit: ohh u already solved it. So the problems was the drivers?

I wonder what the problem was. Drivers? I don't think so if the sound was working before the frequency of the CPU was altered. Hmm...this one is an interesting problem indeed. :)

1337DuD3 said:
I wonder what the problem was. Drivers? I don't think so if the sound was working before the frequency of the CPU was altered. Hmm...this one is an interesting problem indeed. :)

yep, and the funny thing is?
We probably will never know the answer since he probably ain't coming back :)

Yeah i hate when people come for a day or two and then leave..

I understand it'd mess up the sound if the sound was somehow intergrated onto the CPU, but I don't think it would usually.

Dedicated sound boards are alot better anyway, as the ones on motherboards soak up the CPU's power since they don't have the other chips, etc for memory and what ever else a dedicated sound board has, so it has to emulate it all in software!

Kage said:
I understand it'd mess up the sound if the sound was somehow intergrated onto the CPU, but I don't think it would usually.

Dedicated sound boards are alot better anyway, as the ones on motherboards soak up the CPU's power since they don't have the other chips, etc for memory and what ever else a dedicated sound board has, so it has to emulate it all in software!
Yeah they do. On 3DMark03's sound test my fps went from 35.8 with a soundblaster LIVE! to 47 with my x-fi. I wonder how big a difference there would be between onbaord audio and a x-fi.

Back
Top Bottom