Heh

endorphins

Solid State Member
hoping to type this in fast enough before my computer decides to reboot itself. I've searched a lot over the passed 2 days, trying to figure out a solution to my problem about my computer just randomly rebooting. I've tested the RAM I believe either the last slot is messed up or its actually the stick of ram that was in that slot, but so far it hasnt rebooted in the past 20 minutes, so that may be a good sign. I"ve also noticed though that a lot of other people are having problems with Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe mobo which is weird because they are explaining the same exact problems I have, just constant random reboots. But hopefully this thing finally works, cant wait to actually play some games and everything on this new system

Could be the power supply, or power supply connections on the board. If you've tested the RAM, then I would say it's the PS. Could be a number of things, but if many are complaining about the same issue, then it may just be the board itself.

well i had a 420w powersupply in it then went out and replaced it thinking that would fix the problem so upgraded it to 600w and that still hasnt fixed it either

Also I might add, it still randomly reboots. I purchased the computer from Ibuypower.com I've talked with them and they have no clue what so ever on how to fix the problem let alone what is even going on. Its to bad too because I didn't pay that much for this system and I wish it would work because it'd be really nice. I've tried 6 days now, trying to install windows (finally got it on it now thats how im typing this), it is fine through the installation but seems to screw up and randomly reboot in actual windows. dont knwo if it is the drivers or the hardware or what it gives me no error messages or no BSOD or anything in Event Viewer

That is very strange, especially since it doesn't give you any BSOD just reboots...since you've seen that other people are having the same problems maybe look towards the manufactuer of the motherboard (ASUS) and talk to them. They seem to be fairly help if you call (although i find it's a bit slow to get through to them). Or just do some google searches and see if you can find a solution that someone else has posted about the same problem.

Well, I've tried pretty much everything to get this thing working. I've tried running it with just 1 Stick of Ram (512mb) and it'll still reboot. I've had this computer for about 7 days now, first 6 days it wouldn't even let me install Windows XP because it wouldnt even stay booted long enough. It'll load XP without a hitch now, but when actually using XP and staying booted is a whole nother story. I'll be sending this machine back into Ibuypower, for them to hopefully fix and get working and if not I will ask them for a full money refund. I've lost countless hours of sleep and to no prevail nothings worked. Very frusterating but hopefully it will be fixed. It's funny because right now I'm using a Gateway which I thought was the biggest P.O.S ever, heh now I'm definitly eating those words.

HM.... What about faulty IDE/Sata Cables? If its Sata do u have the drivers installed. or maybe you have a virus/trojan on your computer. There is a number of ways that this can be happening. Check all your connections and do multiple virusscans.

OH and i had this problem too but it was my CPU. Check that its not overheating. You could be fucking up your core.

Hope i helped :D

Wierd, do you have any spare boards for your socket around, could be a damaged OS maybe, try a repair.

Back
Top Bottom