cs help

i completely agree with gaming freak, putting a server on a pc is most definitly doable. i had a 900 mhz p3 back in the day and i ran a sof2 server lag free. but back to the subject, make sure that the program your using can see the server, try pinging outward to make sure its not a security issue, and if not, see if someone had the same prob in a diff thread, if you didnt already do so.

lol.. 900mhz not gonna be strong enough . to run a dedicated server these days, its not cs v1.1. its 1.6.. need a much stronger box?? rivers wouldnt.. renting a server .. be cheaper then running ur own one?? its about 20-40 bucks a month to rent. and.. to buy a good enough box gonna cost about 1g

.BUT pinky4life623
got a good enough computer ASUS A7N8X|~|AMD Athlon 3000+running at 2.16 ghz|~|1024mb corsair XMS|~|NVIDIA GeForceFX 5800 Ultra|~|western digital raptor 34 g/b(insane)|~|ultra red dragon computer case with 500 w psu|~|all water cooled!|~|on a Samsung SyncMaster 730B|

no im serious, what kind of game are you trying to run the dedicated server for? because it really doesnt take alot at all, i mean its mostly just your connections speed, because all your doing is hosting the map. it really does not take that good of specs for most games.

Back
Top Bottom