problem with deleting photos

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
this never used to do this....when i delete a photo from my "my pictures" area, it dosn't disappear right away like it used to. if i close the folder, then reopen it, it's gone though. and, after i delete it, if i try to open it again it says it can not find the file...but the icon of the photo still is sitting there until i close and reopen the folder. any ideas?

Well, I don't know what could be causing that, but if you right click inside the white area, and go to Refresh. It should do the same thing.

I tried looking in Folder Options for a automatic refresh, but couldn't find anything of this type that might have been causing the problem.

if this helps at all......this only seems to be happening with photos in the "shared pictures" folder, but not in the "my pictures" folder.....in the "my pictures" folder, the photos will disappear right away after being deleted.

On my computer, I can't seem to find a shared pictures folder...

It might be something to do with updating on everyone elses profile, and not just yours. i wonder if this happens on everyones.

problem solved.....thanks for the help kage. here's what fixed it: when i had the "shared pictures" folder open, i went up one level to "shared documents"....i noticed that the view was set to thumbnails ( in comparison, the "my documents" folder it was set to tiles). i changed the view to tiles, and that fixed it.....crazy, but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom