Problem!

No, i never overclocked. But i found the little booklet to my power supply. there is this little switch that changes teh voltage or something on the power supply. And it said if this wasn't changed it could do damage to the power supply. So is it normal for your CPU to be that high all the time though? Because almost everytime i check the CPU temp in the BIOS regardless of what i am doing its almost always around 50C.

Ok, today, i took the heatsink and fan off and then put it back on. But this time the temp for the CPU on my case started blinking and beeping at me. And this guy i'm talking to says that could very well be the problem. So could overheating of my CPU be the cause of the blue screens?

Also, if it is, i'll be getting a new heatsink and fan. So which one should i get or what RPMS should i be looking for?

wait what?! why did you take the heatsink off? Did you replace the thermal paste before putting it back on? If you took it off and then just put it back on that will only be more detrimental to the CPU temperature. You really should not be running your PC right now until you correct the temperature problem because you are breaking the threshold by the sounds of it and that is going to cause damage.

Definitely look into a new heatsink. Some good ones to look at are Thermalright XP-120, XP-90 or XP-90C. Also there is one called ninja or something (cant remember the right name but i know it is good).

the XP-120 can fit up to a 120cm fan will the smaller XP-90 can fit i think up to a 92mm fan. But yeah they do come with brakets to mount any fan to them.

judging by the dimensions (which are a little vague because it doesn't specify which measurement is which like height or width etc) i would definitely say an 80mm or 92mm fan. It isn't big enough to fit a 120mm.

ide get a zalman instead, they come WITH the fan and theyre extremely good at cooling the cpu, check them out

Back
Top Bottom