Your highest overclock

After you oc can you really notice the difference just wondering...

Dev0115 said:
After you oc can you really notice the difference just wondering...
Depends. If its only like a 200mhz overclock not really. But once you get over like 400mhz then you start noticing improvements.

1.744V will cause an A64 to loose some life. Im not talking about a couple months. I talking close to a year. If you run that 1.75V all the time. IMO, Zalmans arent made for extreme ocing. They are quiet, but they arent the best. The only reason i use a Zalman is because i got mine for free. Go and get yourself a Thermalright heatsink or a TT Big Typhoon or a Sythe Ninja.

I wouldnt even do that with a high end water cooling setup. The only really good zalman cooler is the 9500. All the others arent really that good. Im actually thinking about getting a thermalright xp-120

but seriously, it shouldnt take more than 1.6V to get to 3Ghz. THe 9500 isnt even that great of a cooler. Its not as good as a Scythe Ninja.

ownage said:
but seriously, it shouldnt take more than 1.6V to get to 3Ghz. THe 9500 isnt even that great of a cooler. Its not as good as a Scythe Ninja.
Yeah I cant decide on what air cooler to get. Im thinking either a thermaltake big typhoon or a thermalright xp-120. Although I have also heard good things about the scythe one too.

There is this new company called Noctua that makes super good heatsinks too. Im not sure if you have heard of them. They dont sell them in the U.S. yet which is te only problem.

ill give you a breakdown on the pros and cons of the towers from TT and Scythe and the heatsinks from Thermalright.

1. Pros about towerheatsinks: They cool better than any other heatsink.
2. Cons: They dont blow down on the motherboard to cool RAM or MOSFETs.
3. Pros for the XP-120: It cools down the MOSFETs and sometimes the RAM.
4. Cons: Doesnt cool as well as the towers. Usually requires a high powered fan with lots of pressure. The XP-120 is discontinued and it is replaced by the SI-120 which isnt as good.

The pluses of the Scythe Ninja is that it really shines with a low CFM fan, so its good for quietness. The Scythe Ninja is the best out of those three, and if you are using a Antec P-180, the exhaust fans on the case are perfect for the Scythe Ninja.

ownage said:
You cant change the multipliers on Athlon XPs. They are locked. I cant set my FSB to 200 either. Just see how high you can go and you should be running 1:1.
Actaully you are wrong, my Athlon has unlocked multipliers :cool:
I bumped the FSB up to 170mhz, and it's still not 1:1 :(

Back
Top Bottom