Need help in buying my laptop

crazedassassin

Beta member
Well, I'll be going off to college next year and I will be getting a laptop so that I can take it into class, etc. Currently my Desktop well... sucks. RAM is 224MB, The Process is Intel III (Now sure the exact one) no CD / DVD Burner... 2 1.0 USB ports... you get the idea... It freezes up when trying to play Mario...

Anyways here what I want / would like to get:

2.0+ GHz CPU
1.0GB DDR Ram
CD/DVD Burner
High Speed USB Ports
Thin / Lightweight (Only if it won't decrease the power of the notebook)
Fancy looking...
Capable of playing Call of Duty 2 / PC Games

Here is where I stand...

I have $860.00 USD

Will get another $100 soon

Will be able to leech some off of the folks.

More or less, won't be able to spend more than $1100.00

I don't what brand.. But I would like it from a well known company such as dell / hp / gateway etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

well for that much money, you wont get a notebook that good from big name manufactures like that, but i think it would be more wallet-efficient to get someone to build it for you

My parents who have already given me $300.00 basicaly have stated that they will only trust big name companies. If it's power efficent, I wouldn't need it to be able to play games but it would be nice. The main purpose would be for college.

Get one with a Core Duo in it. they are faster and take less power then the 2.0

Would you suggest this:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...=1697063&Sku=G153-1158&SRCCODE=&CMP=ILC-GUIDE

Operating Systems Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

Platform Learn More Notebook PC

Expansion Ports 1 - Type I/II PC Card Slot

Processor Brand Intel

Processor Class Pentium 4 Processor

Processor Speed 3.06GHz

Memory Type DDR

Memory Size 512MB

Memory Speed DDR333 (PC2700)

Memory Slots (Total) 2 - 1 slot not user-accessible

Memory Slots (Available) 1

Capacity 80GB

Optical Drive Type DVD±RW

Graphics Description Integrated Graphics

GPU/VPU Intel® Extreme 2 Graphics

Video Memory up to 64MB

Communications Description Integrated Modem
Integrated LAN
Integrated Wireless LAN

Interface Type 802.11g Wireless Networking
RJ-11 Phone Connector
RJ-45 Ethernet Connector

Width 14"

Height 1.6"

Depth 10.4"

Weight 7.5 lbs

Display Type Widescreen Ultrabright TFT WXGA

Viewable Screen Size 15.4"

Well you didnt state whether you wanted a desktop or laptop but I'm guessing you're planning to get a laptop. Lol, well if you wanted a cheap "name" brand desktop you could go with emachines. They make good comps besides my comp cuz I didnt realize it didnt have a pci express slot so I couldn't upgrade my video card. However this Amd 64 3400+ looks excellent, and it comes with a nVidia Geforce 6100 card with a free pci express x16 slot, so you can upgrade in the near future. Under 600 bucks too!

Heres the link --- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat18700050010&id=1130986103203

Dude the name of the thread is i need help buying a laptop !!!!

I actually am looking for a laptop for college, as stated in the topic subject, :)

That desktop doesn't look bad but it's a desktop which won't work for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom