$1000 bucks to spend

This one:
XPS 400 Qty 1
Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD Unit Price $1,069.00
Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
XPS 400 Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition with re-installation CD
Memory Featured Upgrade a $60 value! 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
Keyboard Dell Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
Monitors FEATURED UPGRADE!! 19 inch E196FP Analog Flat Panel
Video Cards 128MB PCI Expressâ„¢ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE HyperMemory
Hard Drives 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 13 in 1 Media Card Reader
Mouse Mouse included in Wireless Package
Network Interface Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
Modem No Modem Requested
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 16x DVD+/-RW with double layer write capability
Sound Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Speakers Dell AS501PA 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs for Analog Flat Panels
Office Software (not included in Windows XP) No Productivity Suite - Corel WordPerfect® word processor only
Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed) PC-cillin Internet Security: AntiVirus, Firewall, Spyware removal 15-months
Hardware Warranty 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support
Internet Access Service 6 Months of America Online Membership Included
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support
Dell Digital Entertainment Starter Entertainment Pack -Basic digital Music, Photo, and Casual Gaming

TOTAL:$1,069.00

Ya I figured that was a typo with the dual burners.

Wow, I don't know about the processor, but that's one hell of a rig for the price!

Yeah thats a preety nice computer for the price, i would want the Amd x2 over Pentium but that still is a very nice computer for the price, but you wont be able to OC if you want to in the future Dell's lock there bios..

I think that computer is good enough, really. Maybe except for the card. However, the x2 3800 beats the 820 everywhere, but still... that package comes with everything.

To get the AMD you'd have to switch motherboards... and it'll be a big hassle. Harder than building from scratch, maybe.

Ya I know alot of hardcore computer guys look down upon the dell, I really dont think I could beat that price anywhere. It comes with 19" monitor and 1 year warranty.

If your not great with computers, and dont think you can build one go with the dell. If you want to learn and think you know enough just go for it and build it your self that way you can get the amd processor also

Dev0115 said:
If your not great with computers, and dont think you can build one go with the dell. If you want to learn and think you know enough just go for it and build it your self that way you can get the amd processor also
And I would say the same for advice.

Robbie2006 said:
Ya I know alot of hardcore computer guys look down upon the dell, I really dont think I could beat that price anywhere. It comes with 19" monitor and 1 year warranty.
No, I don't look down upon Dell's... they're great machines for the price, but what I do look down upon is their tech support. But then I'm not a "hardcore computer guy", so... :p

I do like to build stuff, and I think it would be fun to tinker around with it, but thats a big investment on something I really have no experience in. Decisions Decisions..

Back
Top Bottom