routers for ps2 online gaming

i know nothing

Beta member
ok, i need to know what routers i should buy that are wireless and inexpensive yet still worth puting my time and money into. i have a ps2, and i want to play it in our basement. our modem is upstairs. all the gaming adapters for companies like linksys are like 99 dollars and its not worth that much to me. do i just need the router with the antennas or to i need another router for each computer in our house and my ps2? if there is some kind of recepter i need for each computer can i just hook that one up to my ps2 or do i really need to buy one of those 99 dollar special gaming ones?

this info would really help me, thanks

hello there i know nothing, welcome to CF.... . . lol

ok well, you have to have a ps2 network adapter, if not, get one, or..you're out of luck. i got my d-Link 524 for i believee......$60?? i don't use it anymore, i sold it on eBay for $30, but now i have a 624 and works well for me..

oh, and go to newegg, of course :)

ya i have the network adapter, i am curently just unpluging the ethernet cable right out of the computer but we are remodling our basement soon and then we will have an entertainment center....you know the rest. is the one router all i need or are there adapters that i need to recieve the connection at every computer and at my ps2?

thank you by the way, im lost at the moment, as my name says lol

ok, now i think i understand this. i need a router, an adapter for each computer that i want to pick up the signal. my only problem left is that i dont wanna buy a gaming adapter, can i buy one that isnt a gaming one and still hook it up to a ps2 without problem? and where can i find an ethernet regular computer adaptor, all the ones ive found where usb ones?

just make sure that if you get a router... that you change the mac address of te router to match that of the PS2 otherwise your online games may not work. I know it sounds kind of wierd but its true.

Back
Top Bottom