Your highest overclock

Well guys, I officially CAN NOT hit 4GHz. For what reason I do not know. But I tried setting the FSB to the required amount, 290, which would put it at a very little bit over 4 GHz. Because my multiplier is 14, so 290 x 14 = 4060. I then tried lowering it to 285, wouldn't work, then 280, then 270, and well, I figured I couldn't go any higher. 3.64 GHz is the maximum frequency allowed for my CPU. Don't know why though, I really wanted to go higher! :(

Just having it all preset for you isnt really fun. Its fun just trying to figure out what settings will make it stable and how you will be able to overclock it just a little more. Well I was abel to get up a little more here
ResizeWizard-1.jpg

If you want a competion check out this thread
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=333738#post333738
We should see who can get the lowest time. I need some better memory to drop my time.

True, preset frequencies aren't as fun. But, still a lot of people do enjoy them. I spent probably 20 minutes last night trying to figure out the right frequency, and for what, somrthign that didn't even work! So, in my case, it would have been easier to just have a preset frequency. :)

1337DuD3 said:
True, preset frequencies aren't as fun. But, still a lot of people do enjoy them. I spent probably 20 minutes last night trying to figure out the right frequency, and for what, somrthign that didn't even work! So, in my case, it would have been easier to just have a preset frequency. :)
Yeah thats cool. You should download superpi though and see what time you get with that overclock.

The Amish Kid said:
Yeah thats cool. You should download superpi though and see what time you get with that overclock.

I think I should give it a try. Although, when I'm overclocked at 3.64 GHz, my temperatures go up a bit. Although, I have a really crappy HSF. So this presents the ultimate problem. :(

1337DuD3 said:
I think I should give it a try. Although, when I'm overclocked at 3.64 GHz, my temperatures go up a bit. Although, I have a really crappy HSF. So this presents the ultimate problem. :(
The test will take under 40 seconds probably so it shouldnt be a big problem. But whats the point in having a huge overclock if you are afriad to do anything with it? I keep mine at 2.6ghz now which is still a pretty big overclock for amd's and my tempreture never goes over 50*C

MarxSoccer said:
Can you say owned?

29ghz0ka.png
Is that yours? Thats awesome. Although holy crap 1.74 volts! What are you cooling it with because those temps must be crazy. I could go that high but I dont want to use more then 1.6volts

Back
Top Bottom