Overclocking the 3200

joe pic

Fully Optimized
So I've heard the 3200 can overclock "nicely" ...
is this true? how much more can you overclock it from it's 2 GHz?
i'm interested in getting it and just wanted to know...if you overclock it to it's max, how much more cooling would you need?...thanks

Ive seen people say they got it up to 2.7 on air! Which is not bad. But i wouldnt take the chance going that high. If you have a good zalman heatsink and good case fans, I think you can get it too 2.5ghz easily.

I might overclock my 3500+ once I get good cooling, etc (which I do not have :p).

I have heard the 3200+ can overclock extremely well though, yes. Good luck with it :)

Its expected though, since your forcing mroe voltage through it at any one time, your going to increase temps significantly. Thats the problem with silicon...
A nice CPU heatsink/fan combination though like the Zalman mentioned, should work wonders.

Then theres Water Cooling, but I will mention that I believe that a cheap water cooling system, though quiet, might not be as powerful as a good and rather cheap heatsink/fan.

Proccessors overclock differently depending on your stepping. Its hard to tell how mich yours will. Just overclock it and see how high you can go before the temps become too high. I would expct you to be able to get up to 2.4 on stock cooling maybe 2.6 in good air cooling. If you want a good aftermarket cooler I suggest the Thermaltake Big Typhoon. Im selling my zalman though if you are interested. Just check out my thread in the For Sale forum.

I also recommend my cooler (see signature below). I don't think it is quite as bulky as the ThermalTake, but does not offer quite the performance. I've heard that mounting that thing is a major pain and that's why I didn't get it.

i have that cpu and yes it does overclock quite nicely, although i was a little dissappointed with the overclock i got its still pretty good

How would i know if that huge 60$ Zalman wont hit my ram or nothing..Do they have a website where i can put in my mobo and it will tell me if it fits or not..

Dev, on my A8N5X, it clears the RAM by about a centimeter. However, you should make sure, because I've heard that it leaves about a millimeter or so room on the A8N-SLi boards. Not sure, though. It was some Asus board...

Now, time to bug my parents for money.

My mobo is on there the kv8 pro

but then i read this..
No motherboard components with a height greater than 39mm (1.53inch), nor the PSU, disk drives, VGA card, and RAM should be present within a 68mm (2.68inch) radius from the center of the CPU.

My ram is right next to my cpu even though it says my mobo can take it im iffy on it i think it might touch the ram..

Back
Top Bottom