Your highest overclock

I just caculated mine, I got a 25% overclock, which sounds about right :)

@ Ownage, did you get my pm i sent last week?

ownage said:
hahahha, nice overclock.

Well the way I see it, I could manually set the thing, which I tried on a friend's computer. Then the CPU didn't liek the FSB value, so, it wouldn't enter Windows, BIOS, anything...after a panic attack, I finally found out we should reset the CMOS. So, if an auto frequency is preuilt into the motherboard, heck, I'm using that over manual any day. :)

ownage said:
yes, go into your BIOS and set your CPU:RAM ratio to 1:1
I put my FSB up to 200mhz and lowered the multipiler down to 10X, and it doesn't boot. so I'm stuck with this at the moment

1337DuD3 said:
It's called BIOS. Just set the FSB to a certian number, then EXIT & SAVE CHANGES, then presto, CPU is faster! :D

Although my motherboard has prebuilt determained frequencies in it, so I actually don't have to manually set the FSB, it does it for me! :D

My Asus has that feature as well. My mb is a little better then yours though.

However my bro just got your MB with a P4 2.4 533 i dont think he will overclock it though.

I like my motherboard. It works great for anything you want it to do. BIOS isn't as advanced as I would like it, but that's OK. I have a rather high overclock for my Pentium 4, so it's OK. With 1 gigabyte of RAM, and a 800MHz FSB, the thign demands to be overclcoked. I just took the liberty of experimenting with the preset overclocks and voltages, and found a combination that apprently worked quite well. Heck, at 3.64 GHz the thing flies like no other.

There's nothign quite as good as buying a $200 and making it faster then it's $500 counterpart! I mean, when you OC it you make EVERYTHING faster. The FSB especially. I enjoy knowing that I made my CPU faster then the $500 one, and still, the guys who got the dough to buy that crap, can't beat us overclockers when it comes down to it. Ahhh the joys of overclocking...:D

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, I'll try reaching 4GHz. Although, I'm rather reluctant to do so, as the last time I OCed my CPU, the Windows XP system.conf file became corrupt. Why,m I do not know. Ahhh what the heck, I'll just tune it down if the sh*t hits the fan. ;)

watchthisspace said:
I put my FSB up to 200mhz and lowered the multipiler down to 10X, and it doesn't boot. so I'm stuck with this at the moment

You cant change the multipliers on Athlon XPs. They are locked. I cant set my FSB to 200 either. Just see how high you can go and you should be running 1:1.

I know my MB does the same thing. But i started with a 3.0ghz so i only had to overclock 600mhz. I would go higher but right now temps go to 55 when playing FEAR

The highest I got with my retarded Clawhammer core was 2.4ghz from it's stock 2.2ghz. :mad: I haven't tried overclocking my new Venice core, but I'm through with overclocking...the performance is barely noticeable anyways.

Back
Top Bottom