Processor/Memory Recommendations

So, can anyone tell me about the X2 and FX-60's in comparison to Intel's dual core's? Compare performance-wise and price-wise.

Additionally, I won't be making any moves until Vista is released. True, I'm playing the dangerous wait game but it's an OS, for chrissake. I believe that's worth waiting for. And who knows what kind of technology booms will occur from now until the end of the year?

I didn't want to make another post so soon, but refer to my last post, i edited with a link that goes through the performance comparisons of the FX-60 with other AMD processors as well as intel's processors. The results speak for themselves.

G9 said:
AMD's mere X2s have been seen to beat Intel's D's all over the place... I wonder how the D's would do in comparison to the FX-60's.

Someone give me the brief in comparing Intel's dual core to the FX-60.
FX-60 Tears apart pentium D's no need to compare the FX-60 its the best one on the market althought ive seen some bench marks its predecesor the FX-57 overclocked woned on some benchmarks but its cause and FX-57 is a single core processor but we havent unlocked the full potencial of the usage of dual cores so if you want to go future proff go with dual core or you can just wait for AMD's new technology right arround the corner the new socket AM2.

How did the FX-57 out-perform the FX-60 in gaming, across the board?

And wow, that made me feel for Intel. But not sorry enough to purchase it :p

The only place where Intel thrived was digital encoding/decoding.

G9 said:

It won on some gaming benchmarks cause it was games or aplications that dont use corectly the power of dual-core and read as only 1 core and plus with Windows Vista coming in its gonna put 2 work dual core processors and show us the real power of them :D.

G9 said:

I don't know the specifics, but I believe it's because today's games are designed for single core processors and so utilize them that way. The dual cores work differently in a way that doesn't run games as efficiently as a single core processor. However! Don't let that change your mind, as new games are created and released, they will start to be designed around dual core processing and so the full potential of dual core will be utilized. That is when you should start seeing the dual cores outperform the single cores.

yup so when Windows vista goes out and the new AM2 sockets im getting a dual core kick ass comp :D

ya i will probably do the same, hopefully when the new socket comes out their socket 939 cpus will come down in price and i can get a 4800+ :D

I'm looking foward to how the new processors will do. Can't wait to see benchmarks. I'm sure we'll hear all the hype over this from Comdex.

Back
Top Bottom