Opteron vs. Xeon: Today's Leading Workstation Processors Head-to-Head

True... I like Opty's though, just because I have one. I don't really know anything about Xeon's except that their name is really cool sounding, and looking... Xeon... Ooh, aah... :D

Lol yeah..

Xeon

No one can sit there and tell us, thats not cool. Anyways.. There also great server processors. Said above. Personally... Im sure there is a way to get them to be able to game. To use that sheer power... for games. Although no one as figured it out yet :(

Xeons are beastly little guys. I've had a pair online running for two years now. With reboots for updates. These guys are made for 24/7/365 like the above poster posted.

It's made for workstations and servers, not games.

Im sure someone somewhere could make it a gaming processor... somehow. But for the people here.. we can only think if its possible..

ArrizX_MuziK said:
So do xeons x_X

But for multi tasking AND gaming opterons are better... Xeons are just multi tasking machines!

First off, dont go with opterons just cuz you have one. The 1xx opterons are COMPLETELY different from 2xx 4xx and 8xx opterons. Keep in mind that 1xx opterons are just San Diego cores with a different name. Opterons can compute things faster than xeons. But all in all, they are quite the same, it wont affect performance a great deal. Its your call, if you can get a better deal on a xeon, by all means, get it. But S940 motherboards are VERY pricey. Itll empty your wallet really fast. Im not sure about Xeon motherboards though.

You quoted me. So I think you misunderstood. I dont have the Opteron. just to let you know.

yeah, i know, but im just saying that Jamxx owns an opteron, i know you have a P4. :p But im just saying that not ALL opterons are good for gaming.

I was just kidding, honestly. I can't rightfully say anything about comparing Xeons and Opterons. Sorry if it came across that I was making an unfair comparison, really, I was just messing around. I just really like my Opteron, so sorry for those above posts. :)

Back
Top Bottom