eVGA Geforce 6600GT - 135.00
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ - 162.00
ASUS A8N-E - 96.00
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB - 70.00
HITACHI Deskstar 80 gig 7200 rpm - 50.00
NEC Black IDE DVD burner - 38.00
Thermaltake TR2 430 watt - 40.00

Total 646.00

So this is my first computer spec and I just want to run it by you guys seeing as you're experts.

Anyways, I could have gone crazy and made this a crazy computer but I'm young and don't have a lot of money so my parents said they'd help me out build a new computer!

BUT

I need to show them I can build a relatively cheap one first and then they'd help me gradually upgrade parts and stuff when the time comes.

So, anyways I don't have a floppy drive because I don't think I'll need one.

Other than that any tips or suggestions about the parts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OH yeah, I've been reading some of those other posts and I'd like to know how you can add a storage drive to a small and really fast drive.

Like the raptor?? and then get a bigger harddrive to put music on and stuff.
My HD is SATA by the way.

Looks pretty good, though you may want a little bit of a better video card. And that PSU may be a little weak, but I don't know. I think it should be fine, but if you decide to upgrade later, it may cut out on you.

Yeah, but like I said this is more of a trial run to see if I can actually build it. Then, if I show my parents I can, they'll help me upgrade whenever I need to. So that means when the time comes I can upgrade my video card or my PSU, et cetera.

Anyways, you think everything looks good?

Oh, yeah, Jamxx, I saw your motherboard on newegg! It was either between that or the one I currently picked. Anyways, how's that mobo treatin' ya?

that looks like a pretty good setup to me, as for the faster hard drive paired with a slower storage one all u do is load windows and your programs onto the fast one then all your music and stuff on there, that faster hard drive lets windows and programs be accessed more quickly while the slower one stores all your files that dont need to be accessed all the time, also is the hard drive u picked sata?

I love this motherboard! It is very stable, runs well, and has enough BIOS options for even advanced users. It isn't a DFI, but it's an Asus, and a good one at that. Well worth the mere 95 bucks I paid for it, and now it is down to around 80. It really is a great board, I give it a 5/5.

Does it matter that it doesn't have SATA 3 gig/s support? Other than that I think the two boards are pretty much the same.

PCNoob said:
Yeah, I have a link right here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145082

But Im confused. 2 hard drives require a RAID 0 and I thought they had to be the same size to work that way.

How is this different?
hard drives DO NOT have to be in raid 0, thats optional, u can just put 2 hard drives in then when u go into my computer there will be the regular C drive which is your primary (a raptor for example) and u'll have a D drive as well which would be the other drive that u can put all your music on

Yeah, I love my motherboard. A few other people on here have it, I'm pretty sure.

Back
Top Bottom