AOE III: My point

there is a bug with AOE III, you can turn it on any res but make sure AA is off, if i enable aa on high i get around 5fps too.

haha yeah my roommate just bought the game, he was playing it today. I think it would cause lag from the AI because there is a lot AI controlled things going on in the game. That would be stressing the CPU more than anything cause IMO the graphics aren't super intense. But then you said decreasing the resolution helped so then maybe not. But yeah looks like a cool game, but not in my sort of interests.

i have it...im not a super RTS fan...but i don't really like it...the only RTS's i like r C&C and Warcraft (statcraft as well but i don't play it very much ne more) jus more of a RPG/FPS kinda guy :p

BTW i had no slow down what so ever even on highest settings....but then a gain i do have a 7800 =D

I have aoe and aoeII both play fine on a 5200. I think they're both maxed out too at 1024x768 res. I don't think they're very "graphic intensive" if you are lagging and getting 5 fps it's obviously your box, not the game.

I also played aoeIII. Not much just the demo. It worked fine too. I don't think I maxed everything out. Graphics were pretty good I guess, the trains seemed to be a little laggy though (after you upgrade the little trading posts so many times).

Back
Top Bottom