Can the psu effect fps? i cant find the answer

tsh

Baseband Member
Topic :D

I know that say if someone has a 360wat psu and is trying to run sli or a x1900 the computer would

not turn on, give errors, reboot or shutoff at times, etc. But can a psu effect fps in games but give no errors of any kind? If so any tests to run and check? Or does that not happen with a psu

[font=&quot]I think it would limit the capability of the card, indeed. There's a reason why certain cards need certain power. Fps would most likely be affected because not enough power is being thrown out. [/font]

Any way to check for this?

So with no errors/lockups or anything like that it can effect fps?

compare benchmarks with what people have been getting in reviews, if theres a pretty big difference then its not getting enough power

Well I have a p4 at 3.6ghz with a x1900xtx. What scores should i get?? kind of hard to tell here

also I had 2 gs of ram but now only 1. Waiting for my new gig to come

Edit also benches with no tweaks or drive changes..

I would have to re do it beacuse I was running 3dmark with defective memory. But I didnt know you could go on 3dmark.com and compare everything and it looks like I should be ok still have to re do it. Getting scores of amd 64s/some dual cores and some p4s oc and some lower cpus and none oc. Kind of random

With 1 stick of bad ram dont think it effected score to much but was getting 5100 in 3dmark6 most people with dual core amds etc get around 6000 or lower some people oc i guess and are getting 6240. But I already know amds will do better in this

But like i posted here before I have problems with steam games and other games as well run pretty bad. Day of defeat kind of shutters and drops fps . The half life 2 loast coast demo also runs pretty bad shuttering often. If I look down at the end my fps drops from 60-70 to 23. Talking to tech support but i think they are running out of ideas

other games bf2 could be something to do with the patch I dont know. I need to upgrade my memory to 2 gs. The defective memory probably slowed it down

well have to wait and see how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom