Terabyte+

You don't even need that much storage space. How unpractical...500gb would be the maximum I ever use.

alvino said:
You don't even need that much storage space. How unpractical...500gb would be the maximum I ever use.
I'd probably need a 1 TB. And it would last for a long time. Currently only having like 120GB, which is full all the time. Probably going to buy a new hdd tomorrow, maybe 200 or 250 GB.
But yeah, a petabyte is something normal ppl won't need for years.

They can use that size storage for the facial and fingerprint identification (Biometrics) at borders so that anyone that crosses a country will be scanned and searched throughout the massive database. That's where I got that Petabyte from, lol. It was one of my case studies from school.

Haha, 1024 byte = 1 kb, 1024 kb = 1 mb, 1024 mb = 1 gb, etc...

Man, I have a 200 gb hdd, and i've barely managed to use half of it... but there is one thing that is kinda cool about bigger hard drives these days..

game devs no longer have to worry about how big thier games get in terms of hard drive space... i'm pretty sure that was a big issue back when games back in the mid-90s were made.

Well then again back then it didnt even take up that much space, they didnt have the technology we have now...I doubt they ever worried about that just my opinion

recon 16 said:
ABSOLUTELY NoT A TERABYTE IS 1024 GIGS... I'D EXPECT MORE OF CFer's...

what are u talking about?
He asked what comes after terabyte. And petabyte comes after terabyte.
So what part of my info was wrong?

Back
Top Bottom