Sorry for all the threads... [RIG PROJECT]

Thats also a reason i like them. Because ive never had another Gcard, and my current one always overheats. So, id want something that is pretty much guarenteed to never over heat, and those High Tech ones have insane coolers on them. So im sure they wont. Even when you over clock.

get a dual channel kit of memory, not that single 1 gb stick... wont have much of a price difference but will give you a nice jolt of performance.

MikeReiner said:
get a dual channel kit of memory, not that single 1 gb stick... wont have much of a price difference but will give you a nice jolt of performance.
or get 2 x 1gb :D

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Thats also a reason i like them. Because ive never had another Gcard, and my current one always overheats. So, id want something that is pretty much guarenteed to never over heat, and those High Tech ones have insane coolers on them. So im sure they wont. Even when you over clock.
Yea i like them too i heard you can overclock the hell of those HIS cards and they can be still cool

or u could go with a 6800gs those are also very good, im not sure but i think theyre better than the x850xtpe, and deffinately go with the dual channel ram as it will help a lot, OCZ makes some very nice ram so check that out

I'll keep the vid card...

Okay, also I have just updated my parts list... the price is perfect, just under $1500. I have decided on a cheaper 17" monitor with built-in speakers, because the person I am making it for is used to laptop speakers anyway :p. Additionally, I heard that thermaltake is not a good power supply, so I swapped it for more expensive Enermax power supplies. How much would the shipping of all these be?

EDIT: I've come upon cheaper 17" built-in speaker monitors. Should I keep the one I have, or get one of these instead?

Please, I need a final confirmation before getting ready to order.

The reason I'm not going dual core is because the person using this rig won't really need it... Microsoft Office, web browser, and financial programs will be the primarily used programs.

Also, what's the difference between this and this? One has a listed core clock while the other doesn't.

G9 said:
The reason I'm not going dual core is because the person using this rig won't really need it... Microsoft Office, web browser, and financial programs will be the primarily used programs.

So.. If he has speakers on his moniter.. Why the sound card? (sorry didnt quote that part)

Anyways.. For those programs, you dont even have to go Amd. You dont need a sound card, or that kind of graphics card. Really, this could be alot cheaper for the dude.

Ill make you a great little Intel biased system, for you. It wouldnt take me bu 5 minutes..

In relation to the post. That system is fine. In my opinion.

Well, it's going to play Halo occasionally, and will be doing a lot of wireless network stuff. I also want the system to last long.

Back
Top Bottom