more problems..blank screen on startup :(

Smithcobra95

Baseband Member
Ok..so i just built a computer and I have been running an AMD 3800 for about a month now and the processor fan started making a noise. I thought it could be dust or a cord hitting the fan but it wasnt because I dusted it off and inspected the area around the fan and found nothing. The cords under the fan didnt appear to be hitting anything, so I disconnected the processor latch to see if anything was loose. I didnt move, or lift up the heatsink form the processor chip I just unhooked the latch to relieve some pressue, and hooked it back down. I plugged the computer back in, started it up and the screen went black....The screen is getting a signal but its just black, and the moniter led/light turns orange. I didnt unhook any cords and used an air can to dust the computer. Now im stumped because I have no clue what happend. Maybe relieveing the pressure was a bad idea? :confused: Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Also...I ran 3 different video cards in the computer and all did the same thing even though they work perfectly in other computers. And its not the moniter because I tried 2 different ones that work on other comps also.

I really hope you didnt take it off with the computer running.. Because if you did, you just fried it.

Maybe the processor came out of its slot take the heatsink off and make sure its placed in there correctly?

Dev0115 said:
Maybe the processor came out of its slot take the heatsink off and make sure its placed in there correctly?

Im 99% sure that didnt happen but if it did...can i take out the chip and place it back in without reformating it again?

lol mate i had the same. probelm. just take out, clean and put back ur ram sticks. u should be fine after that.. peace

I cleaned the ram and checked to see if the processor chip was in place (it was) and I still get a blank screen :( thanks for the suggestions tho

OK!..I got it to work..It was my ram. Thanks xcomputer for the general idea. I took out one of my sticks and it started up just fine. So i thought i may have a dead stick but then I stuck the "bad stick" in by itself and it worked....So i stuck both back in and it started up..gg lol..i hate computers. THANKS FOR UR HELP

Back
Top Bottom