Sorry for all the threads... [RIG PROJECT]

G9

Daemon Poster
*UPDATED*
...for those of you who are confused as to what I am building, there are two rigs in my build list.

1. This is the one I'm 100% sure will be compiled and constructed. It's a mid-range PC, and that's what this thread is all about. I've got all the parts researched, I just want to make sure they're all compatible. This rig is also not for myself, but for a relative.
2. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with this second option, but this is high-end workstation/gaming PC with 2 Opterons at dual core, Crossfired 1900xtx's, and more good stuff. :D

So, now for the parts of rig #1:

CASE (x1 for $45): COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Computer Case

OPTICAL DRIVES (X2 for $79.5): NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-740A/SW-BL

COOLING (X1 FOR $34.99): ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro Cooling Fan with Heatsink

HARDDRIVE (X1 $85): Western Digital Caviar RE 160GB 3.5" Serial ATA150

MOTHERBOARD (X1 FOR $83.99): ASUS A8N5X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

POWER SUPPLY (X1 FOR $76): Enermax 485W Power Supply

PROCESSOR (X1 FOR $213): AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 1GHz HT 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

SOUND CARD (X1 FOR $75): Creative Labs Sound Audigy 2

VIDEO CARD (X1 FOR $169.00): SAPPHIRE Radeon X850XT 100106-RD Video Card

MEMORY (X1 FOR $69.99): CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory

OPERATING SYSTEM (X1 FOR $109.95): Windows XP Professional

MONITOR W/ BUILT-INSPEAKER (X1 FOR $223.9): HYUNDAI L72S Black-Silver 17" 8ms LCD Monitor Built in Speakers

TOTAL: $1372.33

An extra defrag program I decided to get along with it.

Thank you for reading.

Your getting that tight ass system, with a 17'' moniter, and 2.1 speakers. Boy you have some learning to do, lol :p

Hey, I've never had a monitor bigger than 17" in my life, nor speakers more than 2.1.

Is everything compatible, and what do you think of the system for its price (without the monitor and speakers)?

That was a joke.. Meh..

Anyways.. I think that you wont find much better of a system then that for its price. Although, IMO id go dual core...

ArrizX_MuziK said:
That was a joke.. Meh..

Anyways.. I think that you wont find much better of a system then that for its price. Although, IMO id go dual core...
Oh. heh.

This was initially meant to be a budget system, but turned into a mid-range gaming PC. However, the components will last a while.

Will all the parts go together?

Just a little bit. Personally, I would go with the X850XT, just because it is cheaper without the rebate.

No, still go with the X850XT, that thing just has a monster cooler on it, but it is just as expensive with lower clock speeds. That's also just my opinion. Those coolers are very nice though.

Back
Top Bottom