Anyone feel like helping the new guy?

FINNS

Beta member
I plan on buying my first laptap and need some help.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Dell E1505 or Inspiron 6000, both almost identically spec'd.

The main difference between the two would be the E1505 has the Core Duo 1.6 chip but only integrated graphics. :mad:

The Inspiron has the Pentium M 1.73 chip and a 128MB Radeon graphics card.

All other specs are exactly the same.

Which would you choose and why?

I'm looking for an all purpose computer for surfing, movies, recording musical instruments for fun and light gaming duties. The recording software would probably be the only semi-stress I'd place on the system, but I'd also like to be able to play a newer game or two.

Thanks much for your input! :cool:

PS: if you can't tell, I'm very new to ANY of the tech/spec aspects of computers. I've been doing my research, but I figure you guys would know best!

First, wrong spot. Secondly, core Duo!!!!!!

Its the 65nm process. Very, nice. And because its light gaming, the inigrated is fine. And if for some reason you want to game more later, you can just upgrade. Definetly the one with the core duo. Such a nice proessor. Brand new to.

I'd take the Inspiron since it does have the Radeon stuff. Oh and...the Inspironwill fit you

I have the same exact inspiron. Its nice, beleive me, thats a great processor. But with the Core Duo being newer, more battery effecient, and 65nm. Id say its worthy to get, over the Intel M.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
First, wrong spot. Secondly, core Duo!!!!!!

Its the 65nm process. Very, nice. And because its light gaming, the inigrated is fine. And if for some reason you want to game more later, you can just upgrade. Definetly the one with the core duo. Such a nice proessor. Brand new to.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot... :eek: , but to be fair, it's the only one that had people in it right now! :D

So, I could still add a real video card to it in the future? If that's the case, then I'll be ordering the one with the Core Duo!

I just thought that if it only had integrated graphics, that's what you are stuck with... :confused:

If you get the duo with intergrated graphics, you're going to definatly be doing very light gaming. Integrated is no good for games in every possible sense.

No, because you can turn that off in the bios. Take it to a computer tech, and they will hook you up, if you need to be. But whats the inigrated called? Because im sure its still 64bit interface, and 128 on board memory. Which is fine. I mean thats as good as my actual video card, for my pc. Yes, its a pc, and yes its a video card, and yes your inigrated would outperform it. Lol.. I hate mine :D

Oh well, that Core Duo is great!

:mad:

Dammit! This is the same problem I've been having trying to decide...half the people I ask say one is good, the other half say the other is better! :confused:

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and make the best out of whichever one I go with...THANKS! :cool:

MikeReiner said:
If you get the duo with intergrated graphics, you're going to definatly be doing very light gaming. Integrated is no good for games in every possible sense.

Well, you can run almost any game on low, with integrated. Low mind you. But still, some games, like guild wars, you can run probably Medium high with integrated..

FINNS said:
:mad:

Dammit! This is the same problem I've been having trying to decide...half the people I ask say one is good, the other half say the other is better! :confused:

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and make the best out of whichever one I go with...THANKS! :cool:

Hook me up with a link to each system. And if you cant do that, post exact specs.

Back
Top Bottom