eVGA 7800GT Fan...

since the zalman cooler is blowing hot air in every direction in your case it is probably taking longer for the vid card to cool down, u could always get a zalman cooler for your vid card which would be quite a bit better than the stock cooler and its very quiet to

True, but the temperatures are the same when it quiets down... And I've felt the Zalman, it doesn't get hot at all near the video card.

no what i meant was since the design blows air through the fins in every direction it might be filling the case with warmer air which the vid card is using to cool itself

You know, that's true, my system temperature has increased since I put the Zalman in... Not by much though, only a few degrees.

a few degrees can mean all the difference for how long it takes a fan to go to a slower rpm, i would just replace the cooler with a zalman since theyre much quieter

Well, I really don't want to, it is just a little noise, but I might try putting an 80mm fan blowing on it and the system to see if that helps! :D

I dont think that putting an aftermarket cooler on it is really worth it. Yeah its a little quieter but I would rather have my warranty.

Actually, 120mm fans are usually quieter than 80mm fans. The reason why is because the blade's increased size allows it to push lots of air while spinning at a relatively slow speed.

Yeah, they are quieter. I'm still going to my fan idea a shot though, we'll see how it does.

Well, it did it again when I started up. It just kept going for about 10 minutes, but it eventually quieted down. I just played Far Cry for about an hour or so, and the temperatures were great. I didn't check the video card, but my CPU never went above 46 Celsius, motherboard never went above 33 Celsius (with the fan on it), and HDD never went above 29 Celsius. I can tell, though, that the video card isn't slowing down as much as it used to. I'm going to reinstall the newest drivers, though, and see if that helps. It just might! :D

Back
Top Bottom