Keyboard question...

cApNhOwDy

Solid State Member
"Keyboards are less than ideal when many keys are to be pressed at once, as the limited circuitry means that only a certain number of keys will register at one time. An obvious example of this is phantom key blocking. On older keyboards, due to the circuit design, sometimes pressing three keys simultaneously results in a 4th keypress being registered. Modern keyboards prevent this from happening by blocking the 3rd key in certain key combinations, but while this prevents phantom input, it also means that when two keys are depressed simultaneously, many of the other keys on the keyboard will not respond until one of the two depressed keys is lifted. Better keyboards are designed so that this happens infrequently in office programs, but it remains a problem in games even on expensive keyboards, due to wildly different and/or configurable key/command layouts in different games."

I read this on Wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure that this describes my problem. This is my biggest problem in games, and I dont understand why nobody has found a solution to these keyboard problems. Does anybody know of any way to turn the beeping off, or if there are any programs that can make it so that my keyboard can register 4+ keys at a time? If it helps anyone, I'm using a Logitech S510 wireless keyboard/mouse combo right now.

i absolutely hate that! mine doesn't even sound lke a beep. it's more like a "eghnght"
it makes me mad

i hate it too. im like playing need for speed most wanted and i try to press (left arrow) (up arrow) (spacebar) and (alt) at the same time and its like beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

john123 said:
what games are u tryin to play there?

Mainly FPS games, and it gets annoying because I need more keys to register to jump/crouch/reload/zoom/move diagnally all at the same time, but it wont let me do all of that.

yeah i hate it. but i don't think there's any way to change it. it's the way the keyboard is constructed, i believe

Jamxx said:
I never get that problem. I must just be more dextrous! :D Just kidding.

yeah same here, i had the problem with my old computer but that also had an old keyboard i was using. The one i've got now hasnt done that to me.

Would be nice if people who actually knew the answer replied, instead of all of these "I have that problem too!" kinda things.

Eh, I get that problem sometimes when I play Halo. I just let go for a minute and it goes away. I dont believe theres any way you can completely shut it off. I think once when I pressed a key for too long a program called Sticky Keys came up. Maybe modifying some settings in there will help you??

Back
Top Bottom