Microsoft Windows Update Problem

G9

Daemon Poster
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

^I've tried multiple times, and it failed to install each time.

is that a fully legal version of windows?
And it should already be installed into IE, but it will prevent u from updating if u don't have a genuine version of windows.

The OS. I get validation failures because I my version is crack. That's why I'm still using SP1 on my dekstop PC. The laptop on the other hand is 100% legal and updated up to the ying yang.

I did download Webroot Spysweeper, but that's separate from Windows.

G9 said:
I have SP2.
But is the OS legally bought or cracked?
If it's cracked then u will have to get past the WGA system, if it's a legal version of windows then u shouldn't have any problems.

mammikoura said:
But is the OS legally bought or cracked?
If it's cracked then u will have to get past the WGA system, if it's a legal version of windows then u shouldn't have any problems.
I got it through Alienware...

...the load up screen only says Windows, and doesn't have any edition indicator. For example, home edition or professional edition.

Yeah, that's normal with SP2. They took it off for some reason, I have no idea why. And TRDCorolla why do you openly tell us this? :D

G9 said:
I got it through Alienware...

...the load up screen only says Windows, and doesn't have any edition indicator. For example, home edition or professional edition.

so it should be a legal copy then.
U can update with the windows updater or then from the microsoft website, so try both of them. And when trying the website u have to use IE.

Just to prove the point that having an illegal version won't let you have proper validation through Microsoft downloads. I'm even limited to Windows Updates too. I'm not worried that someone will get me for using a "corporate" edition Windows XP. I do have a legal full copy.

Back
Top Bottom