Laptop users

80 degrees? Man I would be concerened. I'm sure it drops back down when you're not playing that game. My fans turn on and off all the time. It doesn't stay on. I can hear it adjust through the RPM range which is funny. Sometime the fan is quieter and sometimes, it hums like you said, a B52, lol. I love it.

Those all look pretty good. Now I guess I have to dig up my laptop documentation to see what the dimensions are. I hate doing that. Either that or I'll have to measure it with a ruler, lol.

TRDCorolla said:
80 degrees? Man I would be concerened. I'm sure it drops back down when you're not playing that game. My fans turn on and off all the time. It doesn't stay on. I can hear it adjust through the RPM range which is funny. Sometime the fan is quieter and sometimes, it hums like you said, a B52, lol. I love it.

My fan stays on 100% of the time. 80C is the temp it shuts off at. I sorta got concerned so i stopped using that game. In the summer is when it get hot like that. When I play CS:S i think the temp is around 50-60C.
I've been running the beast for over 3 years, and it is still alive.

I got this really cheap elevator thing for like 4 bucks i'll look it up for ya, It fits any laptop.

Picture002.jpg

TRDCorolla said:
Those all look pretty good. Now I guess I have to dig up my laptop documentation to see what the dimensions are. I hate doing that. Either that or I'll have to measure it with a ruler, lol.

Lol.. Well im sure that for the most part, there kinda universal..

Oh wow, that looks so good. That's what I'm talking about. Where did you buy it from? Is it online?

Also when you use Speedfan, it takes controls of all of your fans right? I know that it does a crap load of stuff and you can manually configure it as well.

Does CPU-Z have temp readouts too?

I can't find where I got it from. It was online and ive tried the model number on the thing and I can't find anything. I'll keep looking though. I sent you a link to one that I found that is similar but it is more expensive.

TRDCorolla said:
Those of you who use your laptops (notebooks) on a regular basis, does it get really hot underneath the notebook? You know how there's barely any clearance between the laptop and the desk? All that heat gets trapped under there. So now everytime I turn mine on, I have the back end of my laptop propped up with a book or something. Now, the back end is on an angle allowing better heat dissipation on the bottom.

Now does this heat (even though it's on the outside of the laptop) affect internal laptop (inside the laptop) temperature? I'm thinking it might. So propping the back end up is a good idea right? If so, there should be some kind of accessory you can buy to help elevate the laptop. I know there are docks available but that thing is huge. I have a thick sticky pad that I keep in my book bag which I use to prop the backside of my laptop. Plus, your wrist and fingers feel a lot better when typing because the back is elevated more (just like on a regular keyboard). An added benefit besides the cooling.

Dude get the antec Notebook Cooler

Back
Top Bottom