Which Processor?

Huh..?

Lol, ive heard of those.. But I never knew you needed compatability with them. I thought they were all just kinda.. compatable, as long as you have the right socket...

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Huh..?

Lol, ive heard of those.. But I never knew you needed compatability with them. I thought they were all just kinda.. compatable, as long as you have the right socket...
ya that what i thought, but then i heard that some people get better results with different chipsets.

Weird.. Well.. Hmm.. Ill have to look into that. But it cant be that technical.. Well I mean it can be, but I doubt that it is. I mean they cant make a processor work better with a certain bridge, rather then another one..

I'd be willing to bet that the 3000+ is faster in games.

most likely, that P 805 is only faster in terms of sheer multitasking power.

ArrizX_MuziK said:
Weird.. Well.. Hmm.. Ill have to look into that. But it cant be that technical.. Well I mean it can be, but I doubt that it is. I mean they cant make a processor work better with a certain bridge, rather then another one..
ya. i didnt think it would be this complicated but im hoping that im wrong.

MikeReiner said:

Probably true.

Cod2Man what are the rest of your specs for your set-up. It really depends on the rest of your set up. Are you going to run vista evetually? What sort of programs do you normally use? The big difference here is single core vs. dual core. The dual core Intel has no onboard memory controller and its on 533mhz front side bus so that means less bandwith. If ya end up getting the dual core you are gunna have to end up getting 2gigs of ram because a dual core system requires a lot more memory for good performance. The good thing is each core has 1mb of L2 cache so that cuts down on memory necessity but remember there isn't any onboard memory controller so that means it has to go to the chipset to process that which results in slower clocks.

The AMD chip has an 800 mhz front side bus so that means it is going to have a larger bandwith and will be able to handle a larger load. AMD chips also have onboard memory controller and they also have a shorter pipeline which increases clock speeds. The minus is 512m cache which can lower clock times especially with needy programs. But if you have a good mother board with fast RAM you will do ok.

All in all both set ups can be good. I would personally go with that AMD chip just because it has a higher front side bus. To make it perform at good speeds you would just to pick out the right mother board and the right memory. You could even overclock your 3000 to 3200 if you had some PC3200 memory that was of god quality to even out your system. After that you would have a good set up.

If you are huge multi-tasker and like to run lots of apps at once go with that Intel chip. Make sure you get the right amount of memory and the right speed because you now have 2 processors running at 2.66. Also I forgot to mention that the Intel chip doesn't have HyperThreading which sucks. This chip is cheap because it lacks a lot of things. I wouldn't buy the intel.

MikeReiner said:

Quoted For Truth

Back
Top Bottom