7800GTX vs X1900XTX vs Matrox

TRDCorolla said:
I wouldn't do that to them. I usually do it to people I don't know. For friends, I like to get some gas money out of it at least. I usually charge anywhere from $50-$100 extra for build if it was for anyone else.
No one I don't know closely wouldn't trust me. I'm that new to this business :p

Your reputation will spread though, the more you do. Trust me on that one. They'll be telling people at work and rumors will fly that you build PCs. Next thing you know, you'll be getting a lot of customers. Right now, I'm working on building a PC for one of my roommates. No immediate plans yet, just discussion on what she likes to do with her future computer.

well, back on topic, i hear the x1900xtx is better right now. ati also has a full bandwidth crossfire chipset coming out.

badninja3 said:
well, back on topic, i hear the x1900xtx is better right now. ati also has a full bandwidth crossfire chipset coming out.
Really? I thougth that had been already released.

TRDCorolla said:
Your reputation will spread though, the more you do. Trust me on that one. They'll be telling people at work and rumors will fly that you build PCs. Next thing you know, you'll be getting a lot of customers. Right now, I'm working on building a PC for one of my roommates. No immediate plans yet, just discussion on what she likes to do with her future computer.
It reputation is worth it all, right? :p

What else is in your system? Things have to be balanced, you can't just buy a high-end graphics card and expect it to work with a slow processor. That would lead to major bottlenecking.

Reputation in building quality, working computers is a must. Otherwise, people won't trust you with their money in building them a system.

alvino said:
What else is in your system? Things have to be balanced, you can't just buy a high-end graphics card and expect it to work with a slow processor. That would lead to major bottlenecking.
Dual Opteron Dual Core, and 4GB memory.

G9 said:
It's the showdown of the vid cards I'm considering on buying...

The NVIDIA 7800GTX (Not sure which of those to get)

The ATI X1900XTX (Not sure which of those to get)

The MATROX 256MB

I heard that the Matrox is excellent for 2D development applications, like the Adobe Creative Suite and Macromedia Studio. I am assuming its gaming ability is way under par.

Can the 7800 and 1900 handle those development applications as well, or better than the Matrox?

In conclusion, which is better and less expensive, the 7800GTX or its ATI counterpart, the ATI x1900xtx? Compare them singly, and then with SLI/Crossfire enabled/configured.

EDIT: Is this article trustworthy?

That Matrox is agp and the others are Pci ex.

Back
Top Bottom