7800GTX vs X1900XTX vs Matrox

TRDCorolla said:
Same here. I tell them what to buy and they pay for it. I build it for them. Then they come to me after a year complaining about problems creeping up :(

Mainly their system gets slower and slower.
Great Uncle [on cousin's side, twice removed]: Sonny, my computer's been runnin' slow lately...
Me: Is that so?
Great Uncle: Yes, indeed, it is.
Me: Let me run through IE's history.
Me, turning around: Uncle, I've found the problem.

:p

ya. for me, building stuff is *almost* a reward in itself. you know what i mean? i guess i just like it.

The x1900xtx is the fastest card right now. Its faster then the 78000gtx 512mb in most cases. So thats the card I would go wit. Im sure it would be able to handle the 2D stuff you are talking about fine.

You learn a lot each time you build a PC because everyone wants a different configuration. I've built quite a few already and each one either want a high performance machine while some want just the basics. Then there are people that are picky at what "brand" is put into their PCs. That takes a lot of explaining, but in the end, they always end up with something higher priced. If I were to charge them, that would be more money for me :)

ya. when i build stuff i pretty much charge for parts + like $20. but i've only worked with xbox's.

TRDCorolla said:
You learn a lot each time you build a PC because everyone wants a different configuration. I've built quite a few already and each one either want a high performance machine while some want just the basics. Then there are people that are picky at what "brand" is put into their PCs. That takes a lot of explaining, but in the end, they always end up with something higher priced. If I were to charge them, that would be more money for me :)
But you'd be selling your soul, you godless man! ;)

I'll try to get a poll if possible.
EDIT: Can't make the poll. I'm pretty sure its the 1900, but let's see what others say.

The Matrox is a workstation card, so unless you do 3D rendering, you probably don't want to buy that. I have next to no experience with ATi, but I've heard that the X1900XT is a better choice as of now. I would get that, and CrossFire them if possible. That would be pretty sweet. You'll have to find someone else to tell you how to do that; I know nothing about SLi or CrossFire (yet :D).

I wouldn't do that to them. I usually do it to people I don't know. For friends, I like to get some gas money out of it at least. I usually charge anywhere from $50-$100 extra for build if it was for anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom